FLOOR MAINTENANCE – THE BRITISH INSTITUTE OF CLEANING SCIENCE
FLOOR MAINTENANCE CHAPTERS
- Elements of Floor Maintenance: Industrial detergents, floor seals and waxes.
- Wood Group of Floors: Wood, wood composition, cork, magnesite.
- Granwood and Gransprung Floors.
- Stone Group of floors: Concrete and granolithic, terrazzo, marble, natural stones, clay tiles, quarry tiles, mosaics, faience tiles, paver tiles, vitreous tiles, tessellated tiles, adamantine tiles, encaustic tiles, pavoirs, brick, cement latex.
- Asphalt Group of Floors: Mastic asphalt, pitch mastic.
- The Resilient Floors: Linoleum, cork carpet, thermoplastic tiles, PVC tiles and sheet, anti-slip or safety PVC, rubber.
- Carpet Group of Floor Coverings: Natural and synthetic fibres, backing, construction, Axminster, Wilton, tufted, needleloom, flocked, carpet tiles, static electricity, use of mechanical equipment, dry powder cleaners, carpet shampoos, spot removers, silicone treatments.
- Other Floors: Iron and steel, aluminum, glass, epoxy, polyurethane, anti-static (conductive) floors.
Removal of stains from carpets.
- Coverage of floor seals and waxes.
- Floor maintenance chart.
- Glossary of technical terms.
- Conversion tables.