FUNDAMENTALS OF CARPET MAINTENANCE
Fundamentals of Carpet Maintenance Chapters:
Part 1 – Basics
- The Soiling Phenomenon: Mechanisms of soiling, measurement and factors affecting degree of soiling, fibre properties, carpet construction, the soiling profile.
- The Cleaning Phenomenon: Sinner’s circle, cleaning agents, resoiling, antistatic properties, mechanical action – bristles,
brushes, water jets, time and temperature, fibre type.
- From Fibre to Carpet:
- Fibre types – natural, man-made, identification, yarns, carpet manufacture, types of pile, carpets without pile.
Part 2 – Maintenance Options
- Preventative Planning: Entrance mats, soil retardant and stain repellant finishes.
- Regular Maintenance: Vacuum cleaning, spot and stain removal.
- Interim Maintenance: Bonnet cleaning, absorbent compound or powder cleaning.
- Periodic Maintenance: Shampooing, spray extraction, truck mounted units, ultrasonics, electrostatics, plant cleaning.
2nd edition 1995 123 pages 250 by 170mm Illustrated Soft cover ISBN 0 9508446 9 1
£12.00 + Postage